As promised, here is the recipe for cinnamon cream cheese frosting, the perfect topping to the gluten-free Pumpkin Smash Cake and gluten-free pumpkin cup cakes shared yesterday. Both the cake and the frosting have greatly reduced sugar. I think our tastes must be changing, because I used a quarter of the sugar others use in this frosting and it still tasted sweet to us. I do not like to use sugar substitutes, but prefer to just add less sugar.
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
- 8 ounces of organic, full fat, cream cheese
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) of grass-fed butter
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- (optional) 1 tablespoon of pumpkin puree
- Let the cream cheese and butter come to almost room temperature.
- Place all of the ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer. With a wire whip attachment, mix on the highest speed until light and fluffy.
- Use on Baby Bird's Pumpkin Smash Cake.
Use on Baby Bird’s Pumpkin Smash Cake.