How do you find local resources for parenting, babies and fertility? Does your family like live music and food? Do you miss going out to events, but feel it would be overwhelming with a new baby? All of your needs can be met at this year’s Natural Family Fair. I have two pairs of tickets to give away — and I’ll be there with a table myself (representing my psychotherapy private practice.)
Natural Baby Pros, Hullabaloo, and Reproductive Wellness present the 5th annual Natural Family Fair, Sunday, Sept. 14, 2014 from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at the Del Mar Fairgrounds. The Natural Baby Fair, Fertility Expo and Hullabaloo Family Music Festival combine for a fun-filled day of learning and entertainment, when all three events come together under one tent!
Your Natural Baby Fair
The fair answers all your pregnancy, birth, and health questions, while showcasing a variety of vendors, demonstrations and products to fit all lifestyle choices.
- Keynote: Peggy O’Mara, former editor of Mothering Magazine – “How It Really Is: The Truth About the Early Years of Parenting”
- Karen Brody, founder of Bold Tranquility, a fatigue management system – “Be Good to Yourself: Embrace the Healing Powers of Rest to Tame the Overwhelm”
Brought to you by Reproductive Wellness, this semi-private area is a great resource for couples seeking support in conception and natural alternatives. Attendees will have a chance to speak privately, at no charge, with the physicians and experts at the expo. Speakers include:
- Keynote: Christa Orecchio, a clinical and holistic nutritionist and founder of thewholejourney.com – “Creating a Healthy Pregnancy in Your 30s and Early 40s
- Dr. Brooke Friedman, Reproductive Endocrinologist at Reproductive Partners – “Frozen Embryo Transfers: Making IVF Safer and More Natural”
- Aimee Raupp, author, acupuncturist, herbalist, and women’s health and fertility expert – “Three Things You Can Do Now to Improve Your Fertility”
Hullabaloo Family Music Festival
Head into the Paddock to boogie on the grass and enjoy several music acts throughout the day. Hullabaloo will play for two sets, and we’ll also enjoy the performances of Randy Kaplan, The Hollow Trees, Kathryn Cloward and Melissa Green. Several family-friendly vendors and activities will be in this area as well to allow your kids to channel their inner-monkey and inner-artist.
The Breastfeeding Lounge returns with The Dad’s Lounge, and Free Community Clinic is making their debut.
The fair will be broadcasted live via New Mommy Media. Live interviews and demonstrations of speakers, sponsors and talented pros who will be at the fair. No matter where in the world you live, enjoy an inside view of the expertise and cutting edge support that the fair offers – live on the day of the event.
Due to huge support from several key sponsors, this family event is made very affordable to the families of San Diego. Key sponsors include: Nature’s Whisper Yoga, home of hot mama yoga, BabyHawk, San Diego Breastfeeding Center, New Mommy Media.com, Gymboree Play & Music, Kid Ventures, Basic Training for New Dads and Good Vibrations Family Chiropractic.
The fair is 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Sunday, Sept. 14. Tickets are $10 for adults and children are $7. Tickets may be purchased in advance (purchase tickets here) or at the door. Goodie bags will be given to the first 250 families. Family Packs and VIP packages available for pre-sale, including a Babyhawk carrier and other full-sized products.
pssst: If you would like additional chances to win tickets I am giving four away on my therapy website, www.AbigailBurdLCSW.com.